I spent the long weekend (Family Day in Ontario) obsessively watching House of Cards and the Olympics, as well as obsessively playing Plants vs Zombies 2. Or maybe it was compulsively. Or both. I’m a little OC, but not enough to make it a D. I took a test, OK? From what the internet tells me, I’m a mildly addicted Type A personality with no immediate need for medication. Lucky me, and I mean that sincerely. Some of my best friends, etc etc. Mental illness is rampant, on both sides of my family. Yours too, probably, with all due respect. No shame, my friends. From what I can tell, my quirks are more or less harmless, to me and to other people. They include, but are not limited to:
– A tendency to leave a quarter inch of liquid at the bottom of my coffee cup. But not my wine glass.
– An overdeveloped sense of smell.
– A feeling that my fingertips are extremely dry. Yes, that’s a weird one.
– Mild claustrophobia. I’m an escalator over elevator kind of girl.
– A horror of hospitals, ironic as I have spent so much time in them.
– A fear of heights, or, more specifically, the fear that I just might hurl myself off of them. Also weird. Clearly, it’s never happened.
With the exception of the last one, none of these traits is likely to get me into trouble, unless I get trapped in a smelly hospital closet. Hopefully I’ll have enough coffee left in my cup to moisten my fingertips.