If you really want to smell manly that Axe body spray probably isn’t going to cut it, but this will. You can’t get much manlier than a Viking. What does a viking smell like? Blood, gore, meat, sweat you get the idea. As a way to promote tourism in York, a town a couple of hours outside London, the city of York has released a viking smelling deodorant called Norse Power.
According to their experts this is what a viking smells like…
- “Mead (imbibed generously by Viking warriors after a hard day’s raiding)
- Blood and gore (spilled on the battlefields as the marauding Vikings conquered all in their path)
- Smoke (from the settlements razed by Vikings during raids)
- Seawater (From the journey by longship to British shores)
- Mud (Vikings often travelled by foot over the sodden terrain)
- Human sweat (which would have been deep soaked into a warrior’s clothes after a hard day’s raiding)
- Animal meat, fruits and nuts (the essential ingredients of a hearty Viking feast)
- Fresh pine (from traversing the many forests of Britain in search of places to conquer)”
Mmmmm sexy…or not.