Chris Bundas –
Doughnuts flavoured with Skor brownies, Reese’s Pieces and cheesecake could be coming to a Tim Hortons near you.
The eight finalists have been announced for the annual Duelling Donuts Contest after more than 76,500 submissions were received.
The judging panel for the competition includes actor Jason Priestley, singer Jann Arden, personality Ben Mulroney and famed baker Anna Olson.
The eight finalists are:
– Isabelle Scantland Lebel of Gatineau, Que., creator of The Pistachio & White Chocolate
– Judd Mah of Edmonton, creator of The Lumberjack
– Nikola Kostic of Toronto, creator of The Big Canadian Red
– Lauren Armstrong of Toronto, creator of The Lemmy Tell Ya About Cheesecake
– Jennifer Brown of Glencoe, Ont., creator of The Love Reese’s To Pieces
– Danny Hawtin of Waterdown, Ont., creator of The Cookie Jar
– Nancy Angus of Oro-Medonte, Ont., creator of The Skor Brownie Points
– Jennifer Veenvliet of Barrie, Ont., creator of The Ice Cream Sundae
Four finalists will be chosen on Aug. 18 and the public will then vote on the winner.