Doug Ford proclaims September 26th as “Take John Tory To Work Day” in latest jab. New Project Brazen 2 documents: Kathy Ford says admits to smoking crack with brother Rob. John Tory says Doug Ford has an “immense advantage” by skipping debates and won’t be debating as often anymore. ‘Toronto 18′ ring leader denied parole. Maple Leaf Square to be renamed ‘Ford Square’.
FORD: “TAKE JOHN TORY TO WORK DAY”
One day after his inaugural appearance at a mayor’s debate, Doug Ford has slammed one of his opponents. During a discussion on Tuesday night, Ford had asked a question to John Tory based on standing committees at city hall, wanting to know how many there were. Tory answered hesitantly, “five”, leading Ford to go off the rails, explaining that there are in fact seven, claiming Tory didn’t understand how the city worked. On Wednesday afternoon, Ford then gathered reporters at the headquarters he inherited from his brother, to slam Tory once again. Ford explained that October 27 isn’t a time for “on the job training”, and in order to show off just what happens at the city’s main office, he would dedicate September 26 as “Take John Tory to Work Day.” The candidate explained that he would “show him (Tory) how to get things done”, before asking other people in the city invite Tory to work to him an “honest day’s work.” On numerous occasions, Ford called out John Tory’s status as being an upper-class citizen, asking “what person gets to be appointed CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation”, hinting at Tory’s former position with Rogers Communications. Ford also noted that Tory had been “parachuted in” to jobs at the Premier’s office and the CFL, and said that since the city started, no one has ever become mayor without being a councillor first. A news release in response from Tory accuses Ford of helping a family friend get hired to work in the mayor’s office. “And talk about ‘on the job training’ – Doug Ford helped get his old family friend David Price a job in the mayor’s office at $130,000 a year. Price didn’t have a shred of practical experience,” reads the statement. Tory’s campaign co-chair Bob Richardson also responded with a tweet that speaks for itself:
(Header Photo: Global News)
KATHY FORD: I SMOKED CRACK WITH ROB
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s sister, Kathy Ford, admitted to police they were smoking crack cocaine in her basement the night they were surreptitiously filmed by a man. Police had interviewed Kathy Ford twice in May as part of Project Brazen 2, a criminal investigation surrounding the mayor. It’s a mish-mash of words that paint a picture of what happened the week before Mayor Rob Ford admitted himself into a rehab program. From the courthouse on University Avenue, Justice Ian Nordheimer authorized the release of yet another round of police documents that are linked to Ford, drugs, and Sandro Lisi. In the most recent documents, details of an April 25 party in Kathy Ford’s basement are provided, that eventually led to stills from a video being released showing the Mayor to be smoking from a crack pipe. The documents allege that Ford’s driver dropped him at his sister’s home in Etobicoke, with Kathy Ford explaining to police at a later date that her brother was already drunk on arrival. The guests at the get together included both Ford siblings, Sandro Lisi, and Michael “Jugga” James, a known drug dealer, with Kathy Ford explaining that James was there to “deal.” Kathy Ford then detailed to police that Mayor Ford was in fact smoking crack cocaine in that photo, with James admitting to running his iPhone camera while Ford was inhaling. Those stills were later sold to the Globe and Mail by James and another man, for a reported $10,000. Reports of a fight that night appear to be exaggerated, with both Kathy Ford and Michael James telling police the physical confrontation between Rob Ford and Sandro Lisi was “kidding around.” The photos were released by both the Globe and Gawker on April 30, with Ford then attempting to fly to Chicago before withdrawing his request and eventually entering into a program in cottage country. It’s believed that with the release of these documents, police may be in possession of the iPhone used by Michael James, and have a physical copy of the video involving Rob Ford. None of the allegations found within the ITO have been tested in court.
(Photo: Globe and Mail)
JOHN TORY WON’T BE ATTENDING MANY MORE DEBATES
John Tory has attended dozens of debates throughout the election campaign, Olivia Chow has done the same, while Doug Ford has been to one. Tory says Ford’s absence give him an “immense advantage.” In a news release Wednesday evening Tory says “While debates are an important part of the democratic process, debate preparation, and the events themselves, requires the diversion of significant time and resources from other campaign priorities.” Tory says that he may not attend future debates where all three top contenders (himself, Chow and Ford) are not present. He says he’ll review each debate invitation on a case by case basis. Read his statement in full below:
STATEMENT FROM JOHN TORY CAMPAIGN ON DEBATES
TORONTO (September 24, 2014) – The John Tory Campaign released the following statement:
“John Tory has attended nearly 30 debates since the campaign began, four this week so far, and will attend three more before the week is out. He looks forward to attending more.
However, the unexplained absence of Doug Ford from most of these debates, and, at others, last minute rule changes, including additions and deletions to the debating roster, raise questions about the productiveness of these discussions.
Going forward, the John Tory Campaign has decided to review on a case-by-case basis whether to attend debates that don’t exclusively feature the three main contenders.
Doug Ford’s decision to skip debates provides him with an immense advantage, especially considering that the election is less than five weeks away. While debates are an important part of the democratic process, debate preparation, and the events themselves, requires the diversion of significant time and resources from other campaign priorities.
Toronto can’t afford four more years of Ford. The issues facing our city – including traffic gridlock and transit congestion – are too serious. As a campaign, we will not continue to disadvantage ourselves to Doug Ford’s benefit.”
TORONTO 18 RING LEADER DENIED PAROLE
One of the higher-ups of the so-called Toronto 18 will continue to sit behind bars. Fahim Ahmad was sentenced to 16 years in prison for his role in a plot to run through Parliament and head politicians, with 8.5 years credit given for the four years in custody. The Parole Board of Canada today denied a request for parole, leaving Ahmad in the Millhaven Institution in Bath, Ontario. An anti-terrorist operation rounded up the group in 2006.
MAPLE LEAF SQUARE TO BE RENAMED “FORD SQUARE”
Maple Leaf Square is being renamed Ford Square but it won’t be after our illustrious mayor. Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment says it is part of a major sponsorship deal with the Ford Motor Company. MLSE says they’ll make it very clear that the square is not named for Rob Ford. The details of the name change will be officially announced next week.