It’s different for everyone but some fears are pretty common for all of us. Public speaking used to be the #1 fear among most people but that’s changed in a new poll.
According to a new report, walking alone at night is now our number one fear. Researchers at Chapman University in Southern California just released the results of a national survey. Here are the top five things we’re afraid of.
1. Walking alone at night. 20% of people said they feel “not safe at all” doing it.
2. Identity theft. 19.6% said they’re VERY afraid of it happening to them.
3. Lack of safety on the Internet. 11% of us feel unsafe when we’re online.
4. Mass shootings. 8.9% said they’re legitimately afraid they could be a victim.
5. Public speaking. 8.8% of us are “very afraid” of doing it.
If this survey had been done in Toronto it may have had different results. The Leafs not making the playoffs may have been close to the top.
What is yours?