American Thanksgiving – tends to be a bit of a wasteland when it comes to entertainment news. Some things our American friends may be doing today:
– Watching a whole lot of football
– Taking bets on who is going to die on Parenthood (my money is on Dax Shepherd)
– Going to the movies: Can’t decide between The Imitation Game or Dumb and Dumber Too? Split the difference and see Penguins of Madagascar
– Our American friends are gearing up for Black Friday, which has spread to the north. The difference is that Americans will save an average of 40% on goods sold today and tomorrow. Canadians will be lucky to save the HST and find a parking spot.
– American may or may not spend the day comparing and contrasting the Jian Ghomeshi and Bill Cosby scandals. Extra points to the Americans who know who Jian Ghomeshi is.
Not the case this side of the border … This stopped being an entertainment story a long time ago. Now it’s a true crime story.
Jian Ghomeshi was arrested – or turned himself in for arrest.
It was a media circus the likes of which has never been seen, in or outside a Canadian courtroom.
The former CBC radio host faces four sexual-assault charges and one count of overcoming resistance by choking, an offence that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
He’s due back in court in January.
In the mean time, he’s out on $100,000 bail. He had to surrender his passport, and must live with his mother.
As a mother, I have to say I object to this being considered some sort of punishment.
– Maureen Holloway –
Your daily dose of Mo with the Last Word – 11/27/14