Canada's Most Satisfied People Live In Saguenay: StatsCan
According to a new study, people in Toronto are among the most unhappy people in the country, behind only those in Vancouver.
Across Canada, residents of Vancouver, followed by Toronto and then Windsor were the least satisfied with their lives.
The main question in the Statistics Canada survey was simply to rank “life satisfaction” on a scale of 0 to 10.
17% of the people in Toronto ranked their life satisfaction at 6 or less.
Sageunay, Quebec topped the poll for the highest life satisfaction in the country, followed by Trois-Rivières, Que., and St. John’s.
Other survey findings:
- Women reported greater life satisfaction than men.
- People in smaller communities reported higher satisfaction than those in large cities
- Strong correlation between health and life satisfaction.
- Married individuals reported higher life satisfaction than those who were never married or divorced.
- People in their 40s and 50s reported lower life satisfaction than those younger or older.