Eventually it will get warmer and you’ll want to spruce up your outdoor living space and fire up the BBQ on a regular basis. While you’re out shopping you may want to pick up a new BBQ cleaning brush or some other gadget to clean it because those loose bristles are a problem.
There have been a few cases on the news of wire bristles from BBQ brushes coming off and ending up in your food or worse in your throat. A new study found that it’s actually happening a lot more than you might think. Researchers say that nearly 1,700 hospital visits between 2002 and 2014 were due to people getting the bristles in their meal. That doesn’t include all the non emergency and doctor visits and researchers warn the number of incidents is much higher.
The most common place to get it stuck and cause injury is in the throat and tonsils although there have been some who have had injuries to the stomach.
BBQ safely and spend the money and get a new brush OR another way to clean the grill!