Earlier this week the L.A. Times reported a mega rock concert organized by the people behind Coachella and featuring six of classic rock’s biggest bands was in the works. Roger Daltry of The Who recently confirmed that it is indeed going to happen in October.
In an interview with Postmedia Network he said “I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day. I mean it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it!”
Six of Classic Rock’s Biggest Stars Could Be Part of Mega Rock Concert
The LA Times is reporting that a classic rock mega concert is currently being organized and could feature 6 of classic rock’s biggest stars. The organizers of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is planning a three-night event next October featuring ,the Rolling Stones, the Who, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters, Bob Dylan and Neil Young (all Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees) Oct. 7-9 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California.
Word is the concert is being organized by Goldenvoice, the LA based promoter that is part of AEG Live. This is according to people who are close to the proposed concert but could not speak publicly since negotiations with the musicians are still underway. They say “It will be their full stage productions, with full sets,” as opposed to the usual shorter festival style sets.
Tentative plans have Bob Dylan and the Stones playing back to back on Oct. 7 to open the festival, followed on Oct. 8 by Neil Young and Paul McCartney, and feature The Who and Roger Waters on the final day Oct. 9.
We’re told plans are being finalized and we should get an official announcement in the coming weeks.