The August long weekend is upon us and with Monday being a civic holiday some businesses will be closed.
Known as “Simcoe Day” in TO, some trades will shut down for the day, but not all. The city does not require businesses to close on Monday, but some will to recognize the holiday.
Closures on August 1st:
- Government offices & municipal buildings (including the post office)
- All Toronto Public Library branches are closed on Sunday and Monday
Businesses that will stay open include:
- Most Major malls (Bramalea City Centre, Dufferin Mall, Eaton Centre, Fairview Mall, Pacific Mall, Square One, The Promenade, Upper Canada Mall, Vaughan Mills, Scarborough Town Centre, Sherway Gardens, and Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
- Some grocery stores
- Select LCBO and Beer Stores
- City facilities (pools, golf courses, museums, High Park Zoo, Toronto Island ferry)
- Garbage collection
- Some tourist attractions (CN tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Toronto Zoo, the ROM and AGO)
- Golf courses
- Movie theatres and restaurants
- The TTC is running on a holiday schedule and GO Transit is operating on a Saturday schedule.