On Tuesday October 18, 6x Juno Award winning singer-songwriter Colin James will perform an exclusive invite-only showcase in celebration of his new album “Blue Highways.”
Q107 has your tickets to this exclusive invite only showcase on Tuesday, October 18th at the Horseshoe Tavern. To enter email your first & last name as well as your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. All winners will be emailed on Friday, October 14th at 1:00pm.
There you’ll witness Colin James pay tribute to some of the guitarist’s longtime blues idols like Howlin’ Wolf, Jimmy Reed, and Robert Johnson with the 18 new tracks off of “Blue Highways.” (out October 14)
You can also listen Tuesday, October 11th – Friday, October 14th with Derringer in the Morning, Joanne Wilder and The Mo Show for your chance to win a pair of these exclusive tickets! — Here’s a taste of what to expect come 7pm on Oct 18:
Blue Highways pays tribute to some of the greatest blues singers, guitar players and songwriters. The album was co-produced by Colin and Dave Meszaros (Wake Owl, Old Man Canyon) and recorded at The Warehouse Studios in Vancouver.
In the Spring of 2015 Colin wrapped up his Hearts on Fire tour. After a couple of months of straight touring, Colin was loving playing with the band and really happy with the sound they had created on stage.
What better time to make a record?
Especially the record Colin had been itching to make for years – a collection of some of his favorite blues tracks.
In less than a week Colin and his touring band went into The Warehouse Studios in Vancouver and in just 2 days, Blue Highways was born.
The lead single, “Going Down” is inspired by the great Freddie King:
BLUE HIGHWAYS TRACK LIST
- Boogie Funk (Written by Freddie King)
- Watch Out (Written by Peter Green)
- Big Road Blues (Written by Thomas Johnson)
- Bad Bad Whiskey (Written by Thomas M Davis)
- Going Down (Written by Don Nix)
- Gypsy Woman (Written by McKinley Morganfield)
- Goin’ Away (Written by James A. Lane)
- Lonesome (Written by Peter Chatman)
- Hoodoo Man Blues (Written by Amos Blakemore (Jr. Wells)
- Riding In The Moonlight / Mr. Luck (Riding In The Moonlight Written by Chester Burnett (Howlin’ Wolf) (Mr. Luck Written by Jimmy Reed)
- Don’t Miss Your Water (Written by William Bell)
- Ain’t Long For Day (Written by Blind Willie McTell)
- Last Fair Deal (Written by Robert Johnson)
COLIN JAMES ONLINE