Hasbro, the company behind Monopoly has set up a holiday helpline to settle family disputes over the rules after a recent survey revealed their game causes many arguments. In fact the survey showed 51% of Monopoly games end in an argument.
Most often the dispute is over those who make up rules as they go along the second most common complaint was when a player gets too cocky when they’re winning.
The number for reference is 0800 689 4903 and will be available from Christmas Eve until Boxing Day.
Here were the top 10 complaints…
1. People making up rules
2. People being too cocky when winning
3. Someone buying a property you want, even when they don’t need it
4. People taking too long to take their turn
5. Someone stealing from the bank
6. Someone deliberately miscounting their move
7. Who gets to be the banker
8. The property auction process
9. Choice over tokens
10. What the rules of “Free Parking” are