A collapsed stage is shown at a Radiohead concert at Downsview Park in Toronto on June 16, 2012.
TORONTO – A judge in Toronto has stayed the charges stemming from a fatal Radiohead concert stage collapse in 2012 due to delays.
The judge says the case, in which an entertainment company and an engineer were charged, has taken too long to come to trial.
A British drum technician touring with Radiohead was killed and three other workers were hurt after part of a massive outdoor structure crashed down during setup for the June 2012 Toronto concert.
The company, Live Nation, and the engineer argued last month that the case had seen unreasonable delays that violated their right to a timely trial.
The already-delayed case was set back in the spring when the presiding judge was appointed to a higher court and declared a mistrial.
The Supreme Court has said cases in provincial court should go to trial within 18 months.