For as long as we can remember, humans have strived to figure out what makes one person smarter than another. Is it genetics? Luck? Or is it just a result of hard work and attitude? Well, recent research has boiled it down to 9 possible signs that might make YOU the smart one in your group!
- Being the oldest sibling – By default, the oldest sibling is burdened with more responsibility, forced to mature quicker and is often given more attention to the first-time Mom!
- Owning a cat – A 2004 study at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin found that of 600 students, those that liked cats, mostly had better grades than those that didn’t (Indy100) However, Einstein, Picasso & Zuckerberg re all pet owners (not necessarily cats!) so that might be it!
- Being Breastfed – of 3000 children that were tested/studied, the breastmilk kids had an IQ score 7 pts higher on average!
- Being taller – Both US & UK data found that taller kids are more intelligent. Managerial roles & professional positions are often held by taller people.
- Early readers – Beside the obvious benefits of learning to read earlier on, kids who picked it up sooner display a greater aptitude for learning & education
- Stressed out! – This may seem weird, but the more things you have going on in your head, the more you’re in tune with the more you stress! All that knowledge gives you stress!!
- You’re a comedian – charisma, a sense of humour, being quick-witted all show sign of intelligence.
- Being nocturnal – it seems counter-intuitive, but being a “night owl” shows that you have lots of things going on in your mind…nigh time mental activity.
- Being an introvert – Kinda flies in the face of #7, but having difficulty in social circles might mean you’re bright! Being alone, entertaining yourself is a sign of strong intelligence.